Share This Page:

ration pack's

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Da_sheriff

ration pack's

Post by Da_sheriff »

So i was digging around in my chest today and found one in the bottom of it still all sealed.
No idea how many years the thing has been there, (last time i used one i was in the cadet force)

But needless to say i opened the thing up and it was still delicious.
fist dish in the pack i devoured was the main meal, which happened to be steak and vegetables. unsure how much of it was actually steak, but damn it was nice, much better then those heinze big tin beef stews you get any way.

So what ones do you guys like?
Tab

Re: ration pack's

Post by Tab »

We never had packs of food, but every thing came in tins which was a pain to carry around. Much of the food we had was over 15 years old according to the date stamp on the cans and had been stored in the open in the desert. The stuff was still first class when we ate it but any chocolate bars would have turned white with age. I am still amazed that we were never killed of by the stuff as no supermarket could get away with this sort of things these days.
Millar

Post by Millar »

I had a Chicken Curry from them once that was amazing I brought some home for my GF, and she loved them, allot of effort has gone into designing them it would seem.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

I quite like the steak and vegetables, but the corned beef hash is vile. Can't stand the pâté either, think its probably just cat food.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Millar

Post by Millar »

Hyperlithe wrote:probably just cat food.
Could imagine your correct haha