Share This Page:

Private Property?

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
JR

Private Property?

Post by JR »

:D Living in the wilds of Lincolnshire farming community the police response is dismal the local 'Plod' shop closes down in the evening,but you can get instant response if you follow this Farmers method!.

Farmer rings Police to report a burglar on his plot,station, tell him we haven't the resources to send anyone.'No problem,' says the farmer.'I've shot him.'
Five minutes later the farmhouse is surrounded by half a dozen police cars,a helicopter and an armed responce team.The farmer is forced to assume the position at gunpoint. 'All right where his he?' asks the officer in charge.'He ran away.' 'I thought you said you'd shot him.' 'I thought you said you didn't have anyone to send' replied the farmer.

Maybe that was one of the reasons they wouldn't let me renew my shotgun licence just because sometime ago I had caught a couple of itinerant Eastern europeans on my property and put the fear of god into em by just cocking the pump action :roll: :roll: .
I am just hoping all is forgiven I am about to re-apply for the licence.I dont blame the 'old bill' I blame the political correctness of those who make the rules. :evil: :evil: Aye Jr
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Good for you, JR!

I was proud as punch last night. I keep a pump by my back door. When I got home after work, I'm pulling off my boots and notice the gun has been moved a bit. Upon enguirey, the Mrs calmly tells me that the dogs were getting excited about somting out in the bushes, so the 13 year-old grabbed the shotgun and went to investigate. Afterwards, he unloaded, put the gun back, and gave the Mrs a SITREP. Turned out it was just a pheasant or some such. I think she was as proud as I was.

I picked up a good sign for our place the other day. Instead of saying "Beware of the Dog", it has a pic of a hand point a revolver at the viewer and says, "We Don't Call 9-1-1!"
Artist

Post by Artist »

You are a one Jim!

Sometimes I join some mates do go clay pigeon shooting. As I ain't got a shotgun they lend me a spare. We all have a good time and towards the end of the session we all put a tenner into the kitty and the best score wins the pot. Proud to say that I have won it once or twice. It really hacks off some of the guys mind when this Eijut bums a gun and wins the pot. :D

Also used to spend some days with a few of the same blokes sat in a hide or sometimes a hedge blasting away at the pigeon population of South Cheshire which seemed hell bent on eating all the local farmers crops. Don't do it anymore now, which is a shame.

Artist
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Don`t muck about with the old four ten Jim. Get yersen one of these mate 8)
Type: Selective semi-auto (Gas operated, rotating bolt) or manual pump action
Gauge: 12
Chamber: 70mm (2 1/2").
Barrel length: 450 mm
Overall length: 1000 mm (750mm with butt folded)
Weight: 3.9 kg empty
Magazine: 6 rounds detachable box
The Franchi SPAS 15 shotgun is a further development of the earlier SPAS-12 shotgun. SPAS-15 is intended as a law enforcement or a military weapon, that require reliability, versatility and firepower. The firepower is achieved by using detachable, single stack box magazines along with the gas-operated semi-automatic action, so multiple shots could be fired in quick succession and magazine could be changed much faster than reloading a conventional tubular shotgun magazine. The versatility is achieved by complementing the semi-automatic action with manually selectable pump action, which allows to fire low pressure ammunition, such as less lethal tear gas or rubber slug projectiles.
Not yet had the pleasure, but if it`s owt like the old SPAS 12 it`ll be harry wazzers :P
Targets fall when hit, in your own time, go on 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

"SPAS"? Never comportable with that term!

Picked up a SPAS 12 on return from Cyprus in '85. Bloody thing arrived in the mail in a cardboard box! :-? It had a 3" chanmber as I recall. It had a cocking handle like a semi-auto rifle, or you could pump it and then flick the switch on the pump slide to change to semi-auto. With the Brit weapons laws, it had to have the barrel extension, otherwise it was a mean peice of kit. When I came to Canada, I sold it as they are prohibited here for some obscure reason.