Share This Page:

burns night - reply fae the lassies

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

harry hackedoff wrote:Black Bush you say? Was a big big fan of all things Bushmills till oi found the Tullamore Dew, then it was Endex.
Me latest fascination is the short batch/over strenght version of the Laphroig.
Kin luvvsit oi duz. :roll:
Not quite as much as Jembrant mind, while the Deer`s on the barby and the sun`s still warm..... 8) And way to the west is Hardanger Fjiord.
Good craik, good beer and good food, what else is there?
Apart from outragious sex of course :P Yee haw 8)
Not much into Laphroig (unless it's being forced upon me). It and Lagavulin are too peaty for me. The only Islay malts I like are Bunahabhan and Bruichladdich. Both get the water before it goes through the peat bogs. Oban Distiller's Edition from the West Highlands is my fave. At over $80 a bottle, though, it's an occasional tipple. However, right up close behind is The Balvenie Doublewood. 12 y/o. Outstanding and less than forty bucks.

The BBQ is cowering under its tarp in the garage for the next few months. Propane at sub-zero temps is about as much use as tits on fish. Some guys do cook with coals, etc., but there's just too many carcinogens in that recipe for me. They're all about as thick as a whale omelet, too, so I'm stearing clear of the coal route.

However, will be taking receipt of 6 X Berkshire woolies in April (boots, rubber and gloves, velcro have been indented for) and I look forward to some significant remedial BBQing in late summer, fol by a spate of Khormas this time next year. For now, I'll have to settle for AAA Grade Alberta prime rib and some Rocky Mountain Elk. It's a tough life!
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

Flo,
I would have loved to have been at your function.
That is the best reponse from the lassies, that I have ever heard.
Brilliant.
Well done that girl.!!
I hope Jed was suitably chastened!!
Sneaky
Former RM of 23 years.
flo

Post by flo »

Jed was ripped apart, and i got a standing ovation :D

We had a fantastic night but i lost my voice and the only cure was whisky lots of it :drinking: mind you i did regret it in the morning. Sick buckets at the ready.