Share This Page:

Falklands Rehabilitation (Catterick) Whilst Training

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.
Army Mother

Falklands Rehabilitation (Catterick) Whilst Training

Post by Army Mother »

Hello, I am new to this site and not sure if anybody can help or not, but here goes.

My son at the moment is in training and is having problems with his iliotibia band and misaligned hips. The misalignment of his hips is causing the tightness in the IT Band, hence the reason he has been transferred to the Falklands Rehab Unit. If he ends up Medically Discharged because his bands won't loosen can he rejoin at a later date, (providing his legs sort themselves out)? If he is Medically Discharged what happens? Or could he be transferred to another Regiment, that is not quite so heavy on the legs (if that makes sense). Are there any other Regiments that are actually recruiting at the moment or allowing transfers? Also I am concerned if he does come home how to cope with his frustrations and disappointment.

His starting date was late October and he was transferred a few weeks after the 2nd phase of his training.

Hoping somebody might have some information or guidance. Thanks.