Share This Page:

When to get married?

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.
mcweasel

When to get married?

Post by mcweasel »

Hi, I'm engaged to my partner & we have 2 children. I'm currently waiting on my medical results but they should be ok.
We were thinking of getting married later this year, before I start training but now I'm thinking of waiting until after Halton. Before you ask, yes I do want to marry her, but if we rush it now we'd really be doing it for the wrong reasons.
We are wondering how my family can move to be with me once the training is finished. I'm thinking of renting a house off base, but how much are these? Will my partner be able to go on base to use the HIVE? How will she meet other RAF families etc? She's really worried that she'll be left on her own either where we are in Leeds or wherever I'll be based.
Should we continue for this year? Or would it be worth waiting?
Heffernan

Post by Heffernan »

What i've read is that if your married they will supply a house for you, depending on the size some i guessing you'd get min 2 bed, and max 3bed. It's around 250-300 pound a week, it comes straight outa your pay so you dont have to faf about. Your partner would be able to sue all the facilities (as long as you live there i believe). But you have to be married, so i would say get married then re new your vows and do it properly after, as its alot cheaper to rent on base than it is to rent off base as you have to pay normal prices. Hope this helps.