Share This Page:

Off to Kandarhar'har

Discussions about the Royal Auxiliary Air Force.
blodwyn

Off to Kandarhar'har

Post by blodwyn »

Just found out that the blodwyn winter holiday will mostly be spent in Kandahar this year, any tips how I can make my stay a little bit more comfortable especially as I'll be there for xmas , new year, and valentines day (!?), any fool can be uncomfortable so any suggestions gratefully received.

Ta
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Take plenty of pork scratchings, they are very hard to come by in Kandahar, home of the New Nordic Norm 75mm binding 8)
Join an Afgan dating website today and practise Afgani trapping lines :wink:
Hope that helps 8)

Good luck, really. I can think of easier ways to spend crimbo. Good onya :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Take a book or two with you. There's nothing like a good read! :)
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Dominic wrote:Take a book or two with you. There's nothing like a good read! :)
^^^^^^^^^^^
Shut up Twonk!

Compact DVD, PS2, Laptop, IPOD etc are the norm! dvds retail around 2 for $5 so even boxed sets of complete series are affordable and a common way of killing down time! Computer games are abourt the same price just check it before installing as there have been some shlonky copies about!
Failing that, a spot of phys never goes amiss!
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Hostage_Negotiator wrote:
Dominic wrote:Take a book or two with you. There's nothing like a good read! :)
^^^^^^^^^^^
Shut up Twonk!
I'm giving advice, thanks! :x
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Based on what experience?

CCF and 100 hrs on America's Army qualifies you to react like a falling plate and not much else, so until you can prove otherwise stop trying to advise others on matters you have niether knowledge or experience of!
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
blodwyn

Post by blodwyn »

thanks lads,

Just packing my bags, I fly out early next week.. whilst im here, do i need to allow for the weight of my rifle when packing my hold luggage or is it in addition to my hold luggage allowance, anyone know what an A2 + 4 mags and a cleaning kit weigh off the top of their head!

ta
Borrow money from pessimists, they dont expect it back.
Falkens

Post by Falkens »

Hmmm, being a speacilaity of mine, I am now speachless. I am not sure on the full weight of your rifle + misc kit. I am sure however that they will be put into a different hold and the weight will be separate to your normal luggage.
I will go on what the last post says about taking things. Any hobby of yours, realistic that can be taken there, take it, it will all pass the time!
blodwyn

Post by blodwyn »

made it back safe and intact, saw some good stuff and some not so good, overall, i'd go back tomorow given the chance, anyone want the gen about kandahar then feel free to ask.

bLOd
Borrow money from pessimists, they dont expect it back.