Share This Page:

The rifles

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
lewisshepherd

The rifles

Post by lewisshepherd »

Hi lads, just looking for any information on the rifles, been reading up on the history and overall feel of the rifles as a regiment and it seems right up my ally.
What I want to know is, can one join the rifles straight from passing selection or are you expected to serve in another regiment for a time prior to application to the rifles.
I'm also very keen on sniper training that would be my ultimate goal, is the rifles a good route to go down to ultimately active this goal?
Anybody else applying to the rifles? How is the selection process compared to other regiments I understand they are quite a popular regiment to join.
Plus any other information will be graciously received
Thanks.
When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in to the wounds of your enemy's.
Millar

Re: The rifles

Post by Millar »

Anyone can apply to join the Rifles, and you can join straight into them providing you pass selection, selection for the Rifles is the same as any other regiment although higher fitness scores are required compared to the technical trades regiments, good thing is you do not need to pass a TST (Technical Trades Testing), Snipers are selected once already serving you cannot as far as I am aware apply to be one, you just simply need to be good enough to be selected, but it's an extremely popular role, so competition is high, and the Rifles is as good a Regiment as any to achieve this Goal at-least you will get plenty of Shooting practice.
Hielan' Laddie

Re: The rifles

Post by Hielan' Laddie »

The only advantage that The Rifles have over other regiments is that they are bigger with 5 regular battalions instead of the more usual 2-3. This means that there are more snipers required as each battalion has its own snipers.