Share This Page:

Weight, BMI, Please Help!!!

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
gt1980

Post by gt1980 »

My mate is in a rowing team and has told how i should use the rower. Assuming you use a rower that has various resistance levels and a LCD screen.

set the resistance level to 4/5 as replicates water resistance. set it at whatever time you like me personally is 10 mins.
You need to keep the strokes p/min to around mid 20's and the #/500m figure to around 2min 10sec. i do this for 7 mins.

This next bit is where it gets a bit more difficult. Reduce the strokes p/min to around 20 spm but the #/500m time you need to get below 2min somethiong around 1min 55sec.

By doing this you doing fewer strokes but actually going faster speed wise.

The technique i was told was keep the back upright, push off hard with the legs so much so that you have to hang on with toes under that strap, once the knees straighten pull with the arms.

on the return you lock the arms out straight before returning with the legs. Believe me this method has more of an impact than going hell for leather.
Give it a go :D it's up to you how many mins you do it for.
BARB: PASSED; 76
BASIC SKILLS: PASSED
Interview 1: PASSED 04/03/09
Interview 2: waiting
Wanting to join the Royal Artillery as Gunner UAV Operator.
Ryan_13531

Re: Weight, BMI, Please Help!!!

Post by Ryan_13531 »

Wannbe_Para wrote:Hi everyone went to my AFCO again today and was told before I can have an application form I need to lose a few kg's. My bmi is 31 which they said is too high (and I agree with them) so I have to keep going back every two weeks so they can keep checking on it until its around 28 then I can have an application form. So I want to get it to 25-28 as fast as psooible because my parents are moving abroad soon and I really do not want to go with them :( I was wondering how many kg's will I have to lose to get my bmi down to 25-28? I want to show really good progress each two weeks I go back (I also want to get fitter whilst losing the weight) so finally to the question can any of you lads please help me with any tips, advice anything that can get my weight off really quick?? Ive been told to do weights 3 times per week cardio 7 times per week but with the weights do dropsets and compound lifts (no idea what any of them are) and with the cardio 3 runs a week 3 bike rides swim 7 days a week (pool is in my gym) and gym cardio 7 days a week what do you reckon?

Cheers for any help lads really appreciated.

mate if your over bmi 25 they are going to deferre you for 6 month you just need to lose 6 kg im waiting to go up to selection and my bmi is 27 weighing 96 kg and i have to be 94 but to lose 2 kg in 6 weeks is soooo easy but im 6"1 so thats why my bmi aint as bad as yours good luck mate its only 6 kg i have lost 2 kg in 1 week
R.HALL
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Ryan, 2 points...

1) Quit resurrecting all the posts that are 6 months to a year old with comments to people who have already resolved the issues from the initial post

2) Spelling, punctuation and grammar.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
RamboRob

Post by RamboRob »

I'm 5ft 9 and 14 stone, and im a rugby player playing every week!! and im fairly fit but i'm over the bmi?? its totally flawed!!
lewisshepherd

Post by lewisshepherd »

I've recently had the same problem I'm 6'1 and weight around 16 stone or 106kg and my BMI was 31 the recruitment officer advised me get my weight down to aprox. 93kg and my BMI to 25 or below, so I know exactly how u feel bud, unlike you however I don't have to return every fortnight I was just told to return when I reach my goal.
When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in to the wounds of your enemy's.
Tab

Post by Tab »

It is often argued that this system is flawed as it would mean that the whole of the English Rugby team would fail this test. Still they need some to use as a guide as this until they change it is all they have. Many have bulked up through the use of supplements and although they look good can't perform as well as some one that is a lot lighter.