Share This Page:

Hardwick Hall Memorial

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Wezley

Hardwick Hall Memorial

Post by Wezley »

Does anyone know what has happened to the Airborne Forces Memorial Plaque at Hardwick Hall?

After having a well earn pint in the Hardwick Inn I ventured up to the hall to pay my respects to the memorial only to find a big hole and no Plaque. It looks like someone has just ripped it out of the wall bricks and all.

If you know what's happening please let me know.

Regards Wez.
Wezley

Restoration

Post by Wezley »

Hi all

Since posting my question about the Plaque at Hardwick Hall I have contacted the PRA and discovered that the Plaque has been removed for restoration and no fixed date is set for its return, but I am promised it will be back in place in its new glory for the 30th July when 4 Para receive its new colours. If anyone is a member of the PRA in Chesterfield I would like to hear from you.

Regards Wez
Wezley

Post by Wezley »

Loz

Sorry Loz should have been a bit more specific, the Plaque commemorates the members of the Airborne Services and was placed on the walls of Hardwick Hall because the hall was the home of the first Depot and School of the Airborne Services. The Plaque was erected after much hassle in October 1986 and is now having a good old clean. Hopefully to be put back up soon.

Regards Wez