Share This Page:

Dave Lee - 3 Para?

Rekindle old friendships, reunite with lost & found.
willhearne

Dave Lee - 3 Para?

Post by willhearne »

For no other reason than the heat and humidity here in West London prevents me from moving my arse from this chair, I was wondering if anyone knows Dave Lee?

He was a Cpl and my instructor in 1988 at Depot Para, Aldershot. He might have been 3 Para because he seemed to know my uncle (Pip Hall) from 3 Para very well. I was curious as to what he was up to now as he sometimes crops up in conversation when I recount a story or two from my brief time at Depot.
Tam527

Post by Tam527 »

Hello,
The name sounds familiar because I, like yourself was at Depot Para in 1988. I was hattached, and was posted there with a view to transferring to the Reg. 530 platoon I think I was, Queripel block.
I didn't last long mind, a month. Can't remember any of the instructors.
'Oi', 'You'!... 'Yes You'! Straighten that fu??ing arm or I'll rip it off and beat you round the head with the soggy end!!
Maroon

Post by Maroon »

That must have been early 88 as I was 534plt in 88?
"Every man an Emperor!"
willhearne

Post by willhearne »

Maroon wrote:That must have been early 88 as I was 534plt in 88?
Maroon, who was your platoon Sgt?
Tam527

Post by Tam527 »

Maroon wrote:That must have been early 88 as I was 534plt in 88?
Maroon,
I think my timings are a few months out. :oops: I joined 530 in about August '87 i think after being in jail at Depot Para during summer leave.
Dave Lee(i think) was RP with Nick Maudsley.
I think Nick went on to run Pegasus Press a few years later.
Percy Roach was maybe at that time i/c of re-training, I think 530 done an airborne advanced Wales that year as well from what I remember.
Maybe 530 passed out in '88. I'd left by then.
'Oi', 'You'!... 'Yes You'! Straighten that fu??ing arm or I'll rip it off and beat you round the head with the soggy end!!
willhearne

Post by willhearne »

Nick Mawdsley is my uncle :o :D and was already running the press when I was there 87/88.

Cpl. Dave Lee was definately my section commander and our platoon instructor along with Cpl. Muspratt (sp?) and Sgt. Owen. You know what, I can't even remember the platoon number!!! I know the pass out was the 2nd half of 88.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Was he Joe Lee's brother
willhearne

Post by willhearne »

Sorry, I don't remember him or anyone else mentioning a brother.
got1

Post by got1 »

[quote="Tab"]Was he Joe Lee's brother[/quote]

Tab, Joe's brother was Mick.
Tab

Post by Tab »

I stand corrected....I served with Joe "God help Us" and I have met his brother a couple times but could not remember his name.
Maroon

Post by Maroon »

My Platoon Sgt was Bob B***r of "the Paras" fame, we passed out early 88, I know that because my first tour in Battalion was 6 months in S Armagh, and we were back for Chrimbo Leave 88.
"Every man an Emperor!"
EXREG

Post by EXREG »

I SERVED IN 1 PARA FROM 1998-2004 AND DURING THAT TIME ONE OF MY RSM's WAS A GUY NAMED DAVE LEE.

HE WAS A COCKNEY WHO SUPPORTED WEST HAM, WAS 2 PARA BEFORE HE CAME TO US. WAS WITH 2 PARA IN THE FALKLANDS TOO.

SUPPOSE HE WOULD BE OUT NOW. GOOD RSM THOUGH.
Shek

research on my auld boy

Post by Shek »

Hi, was wondering if any of you could help me, im trying to locat any information on my father, (Bob Watson, Robert McGowan Watson) served in cyprus irland and falklands, i cant find didely sqwat on him, any links or info about the auld coont would be much apritaited.

If it helps he left 15 Para TA Finnestoun in mid 80's.
Rooper

Re: Dave Lee - 3 Para?

Post by Rooper »

willhearne wrote:For no other reason than the heat and humidity here in West London prevents me from moving my arse from this chair, I was wondering if anyone knows Dave Lee?

He was a Cpl and my instructor in 1988 at Depot Para, Aldershot. He might have been 3 Para because he seemed to know my uncle (Pip Hall) from 3 Para very well. I was curious as to what he was up to now as he sometimes crops up in conversation when I recount a story or two from my brief time at Depot.
Commissioned, still srving and one of the biggest bluffers I've ever had the misfortune to serve with!
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

I wouldn't claim to 'know' Dave Lee, but there was a Para Reg Cpl Dave Lee on the same JWIs course late 1986. Tall chap and a bit aloof compared to the other Para Reg lads on the course.
A few of the chaps I currently work with know him.