Share This Page:

can anyone help?

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
colin orrell

can anyone help?

Post by colin orrell »

hello everyone, i'm trying to find an embroidered set of para wings from the early 50's , theyr'e to be given as part of a framed set to my father in law on his 73rd birthday, he is an ex para, served in about 52-55 and was recalled for the suez crisis, he has a set of these wings on his old rucksack and i notice that they are different from modern ones, they have the queens crown and a lion above the winged parachute, i want to buy an identical patch to include in the present ( i cant remove and include the original one ) does anyone have one? or can anyone point me in the right direction?
thanks.
Colin.
JR

Post by JR »

:wink: Colin,Try this www.thegoldwirebadge.co.uk or give him a email at sale@thegoldwirebadge.co.uk .Cheers JR
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge

Post by Guest »

Colin, nice thought. I came up on leave many moons ago, went in the local Legion, and got talking to a few former booties, and found out that it was ones birthday soon,( Frank Baguley)(spelling) so i got a bofus shell(spelling)(and used) a couple of RM`s each side of a pith Helmet badge and an ordinary cap badge on it as well, polished to high heaven, and presented to him on his birthday, i could have got a canoe out on his flood of tears of joy, it realy did make his day, the only down side of it, was that all the other former booties wanted one as well, and being the kind of guy i am, i obliged, the only thing was.......i didn`t get one :cry:
Tab

Post by Tab »

Many of us from that period had the Kings Crown on our Badges not the Queens Crown.
:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Which King, ya auld bugger? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alfred or Thanegold?
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
owdun

Post by owdun »

Ethelred the unready. :P :P :P

Aye Owdun. :evil:
Tab

Post by Tab »

It was George some thing or other.
:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Let`s know if you found a set Colin. Gold wire badge, or maybe even Silvermans, they keep all sorts of gear which doesn`t get into the catalogue.
Lovely thought, all the same mate and best of luck :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]