Share This Page:

TA Combat Infantrymans Course (CIC)

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
AK_47

TA Combat Infantrymans Course (CIC)

Post by AK_47 »

Can any of you 4para guys tell me what CIC is like and how hard it is. Ive just joined TA and would like to know more about it.
Who Dares Wins
Pain is just weakness leaving the body
RobT

Post by RobT »

Have you joined 4 Para or reg Infantry unit? I have some mates going away for theirs later this year, i'll let you know.

Rob
AK_47

Post by AK_47 »

I have joined a Light Infantry TA battalion because there are no Para detachments down my end of country. The training should be the same though shouldent it?
Who Dares Wins
Pain is just weakness leaving the body
RobT

Post by RobT »

No idea bud. According to some lads i know who have recently done theres its just two weeks of "Death by lessons". It invovles alot of classroom work.

The LI company you have just joined, what Batallion is that? Although its named as LI, you still do your training with all the other recruits from the different infantry companies out of the batallion. It'll be only when you join the company for real when you start doing LI sort of things.
theparamancan

Post by theparamancan »

CIC was alright, couple of days of fizz and lessons, 3 days on the ranges, 3 (hard) days in the field. Its hard but as long as your not an absolute mong and know your stuff you should find it alright. P -coy is another story!
When Evil Strives To Overcome Good
And Firepower is Greater Than The Spoken Word.................................................

.....Then Death Rides A Winged Horse
RobT

Post by RobT »

No doubt about that mate!