Share This Page:

PARAS NEXT TOUR

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
young gun

PARAS NEXT TOUR

Post by young gun »

What are you all thinking will be the outcome regarding the paras doin another tour of afghanistan?.
Nero

Re: PARAS NEXT TOUR

Post by Nero »

Do you mean when will their next tour be?
Tab

Post by Tab »

Well they will run around in the heat and probably exchange fire with a few hot heads, if they are lucky they will all come home, with a good tan and a bar to their medal.
young gun

Post by young gun »

They are meant to be doing a tour in 2013 but as far as I am led to believe they are going to have a review of this in February. As it might only be 2 Para that are going as 3 Para are doing? Kenya.

Just keeping house a little regarding the spelling etc :-?
Tab

Post by Tab »

1 Para have a company out there all the time
young gun

Post by young gun »

Sorry about the spelling :roll: Iam starting depo in januray and iam a long way away but would love to know if iam getting a tour after i pass out nobody really knows :2gunfire:

Hint didn't work I see.
Who precisely is iam?
Keep this up and the only place you will be passing out will be in the pub.
No offense obviously.
Amphibian

Post by Amphibian »

Its difficult to say at such an early stage. You MAY get to go on tour immediately, but it may also be a case of you joining a unit who are going off on a training package. Im in the same boat, early stage, but with the Royal Marines. I want to tour as soon as iv got my lid, but if I don't I know that I'll be doing something interesting. That's the thing with the Royal Marines and paras especially, you'll always be doing something mental, somewhere in the world.
"Chin up, crack on"
young gun

Post by young gun »

Look mate a think you have to chill on the nit picking about the grammer this isnt a english exam ;) no offense obviously .

Amphibian i have a mate who just passed prmc and he is away onb the 14 of nov am sure. I hope i get a tour but your right it will always be an exciteing job
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

young gun wrote:this isnt a english exam ;)
Quite correct.
This is where you show your ability to communicate using the guidelines of the forum.
It also shows how you think and act,regarding discipline and your personal admin.
If you can't be bothered here how are you going to get along in the real world of the Military?
You may well be going to Depot but with the current situation will you be able to show the qualities required to rise above the rest?
You will have to ask Tab regarding promotion within the Parachute Regiment but for other Services the Junior Leaders course is the only way up and you can be failed or passed over for the slightest infringement or oversight.
With your current attitude what(Heaven Forbid) would you do with a request for"Reasons In Writing" regarding your actions or lack thereof?
We are not here for the benefit of our health,most of the Mod's,apart from me,really care about you young people joining the Services.
Just think on that before you get smart with me again.

Endex.
young gun

Post by young gun »

Smart with you again ? i apoligised about my grammer :) and i dont make a habit of gobbing off online with people.I came on hear to get good advice and also give advice with others and get some banter with like minded lads.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

young gun wrote:Smart with you again ? i apoligised about my grammer :) and i dont make a habit of gobbing off online with people.I came on hear to get good advice and also give advice with others and get some banter with like minded lads.
The Prosecution rests,M'lud. :o

Shape up or Ship out.
I'm not going to debate a school boy who will not accept advise from those who have been there and done that.

Just have a look through some of your peers posts,they do not have the same dyslexia as you appear to have.
Effort,Lad,Effort.
You have it easy.
I didn't have the luxury of a spell checker.
That little button that you can't be bothered to look for.
What,pray kind of advise are you going to give 'With' others?

I honestly can't be bothered with asinine questions from ignorant children who think they know it all but are unable to find the"Search"button where all will be revealed.
"Like Minded Lads"?
You are having a laugh right?
Smartass.
young gun

Post by young gun »

Was not trying to offend you or be smart mate.And i will make more of an effort with my grammer and iam sorry if i have pissed you off. I have got alot of respect for senior blokes

As for advice i posted this too help others as it is the most up to date schedule for the prac course on this site

blokesDAY 1!! introduction to prac and familiariastion to barrack routine.Short presenattion on yourself Physical fitness assesment (sit ups and push up best effort 2 mins) followed by 1.5 mile indivudual best effort run you only do a 1.5 mile warm up not a 3.5 and u get a 30 second brether before the best effort plus water.there are alot of hills well there really inclines.

DAY 2!!introduction trainasium designed to stimulate the exit phae of parachute desent,it tests candidates abilitay to react to orders in conditions of uncertinty apprehension and stress, followed by steeplechase( best effort) you go round once with corprals first to show u what its like.

DAY 3 4 mile familarisation run of catterick training area cta the land of not !!! includes all the prominent hills in the area its done at a 9 min mile pace!!

any questions ask away lads