Share This Page:

Advice needed from ex-para and current para!

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
tontonton

Advice needed from ex-para and current para!

Post by tontonton »

I was born with my chest a bit dipped, its not as bad as most and muscle will make it look much better after a lot of weight training before i attempt to join the para's. The afco sent a medical enquiry form off for me to see if i was medically fit enough due to my dipped chest, it turns out i wont have any problems where that is concerned. However i believe some people call it a 'pidgeon chest'.

Im not bothered about other recruits bullying me because of it as im more than capable of giving as good as i get, but would the officers and people in higher ranks pick me out because of it, i know they have to be hard on new recruits because its part of the process, so im asking if any ex-paras or current paras have or had a dipped chest or know anybody that served that had one.

Thanks.
Tab

Re: Advice needed from ex-para and current para!

Post by Tab »

Once you are in the Regiment you are accepted for what you are, during my time in there I never saw any one get picked on.
tontonton

Post by tontonton »

cheers, put my mind at ease.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

You will probably get the odd comment and banter from fellow recruit and training staff alike. If you can handle it and carry yourself well like you say then it wont be an issue. Just be prepared for name calling galore.
'Every man an Emperor'