Share This Page:

Afghanistan

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
charnock1990

Afghanistan

Post by charnock1990 »

When the Paras come back from afghan in march (i think its march) How long is it untill they go again? i
Tab

Re: Afghanistan

Post by Tab »

It should 18 months, but unless you are put into 1 Para
charnock1990

Post by charnock1990 »

so it will be march 2012?
Tab

Post by Tab »

I would think around that time, unless thing warm up out there
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

longer than that we are on ABTF for a good while they said next time pencilled in is 2015 at least
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
WOW! That hurt.

Post by WOW! That hurt. »

When you say "at least" does that mean by the latest or by the earliest, 2015?
"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw
sky ninja steve

Earliest And it would probably be to help pull out or some other crap tasking like training the local idiots up
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
WOW! That hurt.

Well that sucks. I'm in the application process right now and I was hoping to go to the afghan a little more than that.
timex

Post by timex »

WOW! That hurt. wrote:Well that sucks. I'm in the application process right now and I was hoping to go to the afghan a little more than that.
Be careful what you wish for....
sky ninja steve

Yeah be careful what you wish for but if ur that set on going Just do the best you can in depot and ask for one para but I'm not sure they are taking direct from depot anymore just a rumour but may be some truth
WOW! That hurt.

sky ninja steve wrote:Yeah be careful what you wish for but if ur that set on going Just do the best you can in depot and ask for one para but I'm not sure they are taking direct from depot anymore just a rumour but may be some truth
Yea, I do realise having never experianced anything close to war, asking for it has level of naivety to it. But, at the same time if I were to never experiance it, I feel I would have a level of regret. Thanks for the advice, Steve. I will do my best at any rate and I will see what I can do with it.
sky ninja steve

Nay dramas pal I was the same before I joined up I just think it's right of people that have been there to offer advice that's all it was but I had the same advice and obviously chose not to listen :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :D :D