Share This Page:

WEIGHT TRAINING

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
GAFFER

WEIGHT TRAINING

Post by GAFFER »

Does any one think weight training will help with fitness and strength and be a bonus when it comes to para training????
theparamancan

Post by theparamancan »

not really as it gives you bad doms (delayed onset muscle sorness) and doesnt increase your power as much as press ups.

I assume you mean weights for your hands
The JaCkAl

Post by The JaCkAl »

as long as your not a weak pussy to start with, you don't need to do weights, cardio should be your prime concern.
[img]http://www.terravista.pt/nazare/1382/armas/tanque04.gif[/img] "Stop dreaming and start training and you could look like me" [img]http://www.mingers.com/images/menu_pics/menu_pic_weekclassic.gif[/img]
Tab

Post by Tab »

I remember buying a packets of five weights and having a great time smoking them. They use to be made by Players, but you never see them now along with the old Wills Woodbine. That was a time when you could go into a shop and buy just a single fag, if you had the money they would sell you any thing.
Chester

Post by Chester »

4pararec wrote:not really as it gives you bad doms (delayed onset muscle sorness)
It depends on the person....

If you go hell for leather banging out superheavy sets, then of course you may gets bad doms. If you keep the weight moderate and bang out high rep sets to build endurance and stamina (which is the name of the game for Marine or Para) you may not get doms at all.
[color=white].[/color]
When not awake, I am often found asleep
always go commando

Post by always go commando »

don't bother with anything over 25kg. you get addicted to the 'pump' and you start wanting it more and more and end up looking like your carrying shopping bags constantly and become addicted to rubbing oil into yourself. but if you stick to low weight high reps there the best thing for alround upper body enduranc training, because your free to do any excersice you want. plus buying a bar and some weights is cheaper thena a gym membership in the long run.

stuck in a rut, unsure about the future, unsure about the military lifestyle, for a while anyway
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Loz, those shorts do not do you justice. :lol:
As for rubbing oil on your body..................how do I order those weights, quick! 8)
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
Dave_Billing

Weights

Post by Dave_Billing »

Tab wrote:I remember buying a packets of five weights and having a great time smoking them. They use to be made by Players, but you never see them now along with the old Wills Woodbine. That was a time when you could go into a shop and buy just a single fag, if you had the money they would sell you any thing.
I didn't think I was that old. My, them was the days. :-?
...Dave...
Chrisp

Post by Chrisp »

When I could only bang out about 30 press ups in one go, I went to the gym and did alot of weight training. I pulled quite heavy loads, about 7-8 reps per set. I've been doing this for about 2 months or so now, 4 times a week, and can do around 60-70 press ups in one go - and i'm alot bigger than I was too, so I'd say it's had a good impact on me,
always go commando

i bought some weights a few months ago and they have simply turned into an obsitcle to get past when i come in drunk. nightmare when your not wearing and shoes and you get the full 60kg roll over your foot. on a completely different note i've just been looking at some latin phrases and i came across the phrase Magna cum laude, i thought it was funny, probably the only one though. also Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari? which means How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
stuck in a rut, unsure about the future, unsure about the military lifestyle, for a while anyway
always go commando

whats a small weight and whats a big weight?

i know people who would just do a 5kg bar and do it for as long as they can, but that bores me. and i know people who will put 50kg on the bar and do that for as long as they can but that seems pointels as i recover within 10 mins.
i know lifting any weight for a long time is good for endurance training its just so boring though.
davo141

Post by davo141 »

i have a two 10kg (dont know which ones but...) the one handed ones? and they seem alright, max out everytime and not to heavy to look like a chimp or get bored but then again thats proberly because i am a ponce!

cheers, dave
Contractor

Post by Contractor »

whats a small weight and whats a big weight?
I suppose it's a personal thing, but for me a small weight is under 2 minutes and a big weight is anything over 5 mins. Anthing between the two I guess is a medium weight. Hope this is of use :lol:
Jason The Argonaut

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

A couple of months ago I got my self a work bench like this one.

I also go some weights like these.

I have been using the work bench and weights every night for the last 3-4 months for about an hour or so at a time. I never really used weights before I both these things. But ever since I have started using them my running and press ups have become allot easier.

It's be good to have them because all I have to do is walk up to the end of my garden where they are situated in my fathers office. Where I can work out for every long I want, and I wont be bothered buy any one. :lol:
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
chunky from york

Post by chunky from york »

Yes Tab, those were the days, you could buy a pound of rat poison for half a crown - - and you got a free rat.
Chunky from York

I may not be the man I was, but I was