Share This Page:

Signalman Henry Wheeler

General information on Military History.
Betsy

Signalman Henry Wheeler

Post by Betsy »

Hello all :)

I was looking through the archives of Desert Island Discs and found in November 1945 a Signalman Henry Wheeler had been on the programme http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/de ... y/edea8e0f

I googled to find out more about him as I thought to be on DID just after the war he must have done something special but I have drawn a blank so was wondering if anyone on here remembers the name and can please tell me more about the gentleman.

Thank you
Tab

Re: Signalman Henry Wheeler

Post by Tab »

Quite often in those days they just pick a pleasant your person who was in the forces to make the Broadcast. Any way he could have been a former member of the BBC doing his duty for King and Country and had dropped in to see old friends and got roped in to do the broadcast.
Betsy

Re: Signalman Henry Wheeler

Post by Betsy »

Tab wrote:Quite often in those days they just pick a pleasant your person who was in the forces to make the Broadcast. Any way he could have been a former member of the BBC doing his duty for King and Country and had dropped in to see old friends and got roped in to do the broadcast.
Thank you for your reply,Tab...that could well be the case I suppose

It took me a while to figure out the posts inbetween mine and yours were adverts for this site!
I though somebody was telling me to advertise on Militarys which I was already doing!..(hope that makes sense) :)