Share This Page:

Ross Kemp Returns to Afghanistan

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
insushin

Post by insushin »

kev101 wrote:Ah right i don't understand what you said properly about what the marine said, what was he getting at?
You can watch Andy Mcnabs tour of duty episodes on youtube, they're all on there. The marine story is in the second episode i think.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

He was talking about a hand to hand fight he had with a insurgent high on drugs, and how he had to beat him with every possible object to stop him i.e Using the ballistics plate in his body armour, his helmet, rifle butt, had to beyonet him, bite him, punch him kick ect.. compare it to other situations other soldiers have found them self's in on the DVD it sounds a bit over the top
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
kev101

Post by kev101 »

Ok thanks people i shall give that a watch and see for myself. Appriciate that.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Just to pre-empt a possible back lash of something along the lines of 'like to see you do well in that situation' or something like that.

The way he describes it is over the top, the actual event that happened was probably scary and i hope not to ever be in that situation.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
kev101

Post by kev101 »

Yes i'm sure you wouldnt like to be in that situation but like he said the guy was full of opium so does that mean the american marine would have had a major advantage over the taleban?
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Possibly some people say that a person who's 'high' is detached from reality some what and don't have a care for them self. plus drugs have a major effect on the body so the marine might have had to actually do all that but even if the guy is on drugs the human body can only take so much sustained damage.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
kev101

Post by kev101 »

Yes, I understand where you are coming from. Talking of what you are saying i have just watched that programme ''Doctors and nurses on the front line'' If that's correct and there was an Afghan policeman who shot himself in his leg and at first he didn't look like he was in pain but after they pulled his muscle out he was kicking out and complaining the medics put a torch to his eye and realised his pupils were tiny so they believed he was on opium.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Yeah just watched that my self, drugs do have a major effect on a persons ability's but i do think the marine peped the story up a tad.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
kev101

Post by kev101 »

Yeah maybe he did me nor you can be sure lol only he knows :)
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Any one catch last nights? Cracking!

That Afghani standing there on the rad laying shots out from the hype lol rambo-esk ey?

Next weeks looks fantastic but I'm going to be at fecking Catterick!
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Doubt post
Last edited by tom163 on Mon 16 Feb, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

jstagg wrote:Any one catch last nights? Cracking!

That Afghani standing there on the rad laying shots out from the hype lol rambo-esk ey?

Next weeks looks fantastic but I'm going to be at fecking Catterick!
I don't have the royalty of Sky hahaha i've been following them off Youtube. Will keep my eyes out for the next one being uploaded.

BTW if you want mate while you are ITC I can record the future episodes off the internet for you mate send you a link to download them when you have some spare time. Let me know if you want me to.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

That would be cracking tom, if you got the time to do it go for it if not don't trouble your self.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

jstagg wrote:That would be cracking tom, if you got the time to do it go for it if not don't trouble your self.
Not a problem mate, I will be just sat here envious of were you are/going to be soon :). I bet they will total over 1 or 2gb though :-? mite be easier posting them to you on a disc once they have all be shown but we will sort that out at a later date.

Edit: Looks like alot of the people hosting the videos have been banned of Youtube, so mite be harder than I thought to get them but i'll try my best mate.
Last edited by tom163 on Mon 16 Feb, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DARREN_ROSS

Post by DARREN_ROSS »

does any1 know where else you can watch r/kemp returns to afghan because you cant watch them on youtube anymore, something to do with the user being deleted.