Share This Page:

Hunting Chris Ryan?

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

Hunting Chris Ryan?

Post by ?Who Shot Terry Taliban? »

Has anybody seen Hunting Chris Ryan the TV programs?

I watched them on VeohTV theres only three on there I just typed SAS into the search bar.

Quite a good watch shows the actions on a man on the run.

Hunting Chris Ryan is a documentary produced by the BBC in 2003. It comprised three hour-long episodes, each pitting SAS veteran Chris Ryan against a four-man 'Hunter Force' whilst he completed a set objective, his mission being evasion and ultimately extraction once the objective was complete.

Thats what I found on the Internet.
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

Can you post the links please mate?
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

misterpurple wrote:Can you post the links please mate?
If you haven't got Veoh this is the link.

http://www.veoh.com/veohTV/getStarted.html

Its free and theres no crap that comes along with it download that theres a search button at the top just type SAS or hunting Chris Ryan will come up plays the video right away as well no waiting for it to load.

Post again if you get it going.

Also after you have searched keep the tab on Veoh and were it says closets match click on that and then run length, will become clear when your there..
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

I'm gonna get maself to bed mate. Got a 10-hour shift starting at 9 :o Will have a look tomorrow. Cheers :D
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

The whole programme was staged, I thought it was a complete waste of time to be honest.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Alfa wrote:The whole programme was staged, I thought it was a complete waste of time to be honest.
Well..... :P
I liked it when I watched it back in 2003. :D
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Wouldn't use it as a survival/ escape and evasion hand book but an alright relaxing watch.

Stokey
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

I just thought it was quite patronising how they expected you to believe that trained Navy Seals, Pathfinders etc... couldn't spot a bloke with a television crew following him round :roll: Still each to their own and that, I am a bit of a picky barsteward so maybe it was just me :wink:
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Alfa wrote:I just thought it was quite patronising how they expected you to believe that trained Navy Seals, Pathfinders etc... couldn't spot a bloke with a television crew following him round :roll: Still each to their own and that, I am a bit of a picky barsteward so maybe it was just me :wink:
Oh yeah, of course there was that, but if you learn to ignore the real bitty details, it's not a bad watch. Although, it said he only occasionally met up with film crews and filmed most of it using a mini camera but some parts were obviously shot by a film crew. Just not bad to watch I reckon, you just have to look past the touchy stuff. :lol:
What I found best about it was how he threw them off numerous times.

Still, the bloke is former SAS which means he was nails anyway.
AJ

davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

I only watched one episode and that was the one in Norway I think? Where he suffered quite badly with frostbite? That had a magic ending (staged or not) where he leaps of the Skidou (sic?) on te helicopter meters from the 'enemy'.

Seen clips from other though, like where an ex-Royal Marine set off a bobby trap! Opps!

David
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

I only watched one episode and that was the one in Norway I think? Where he suffered quite badly with frostbite? That had a magic ending (staged or not) where he leaps of the Skidou (sic?) on te helicopter meters from the 'enemy'.

Seen clips from other though, like where an ex-Royal Marine set off a bobby trap! Opps!

David
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Yeah he got hypothermia.
And it was the former Pathfinder that set the boobytrap off in the jungle. He heard the pop and then ran like the wind to get out the way.
AJ

?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

Tis jolly good also the Africa one he would of been killed as the ex navy seal fired as he was making his get away, kept me on the edge of my seat..
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

Tis jolly good also the Africa one he would of been killed as the ex navy seal fired as he was making his get away, kept me on the edge of my seat..
You mean they used real, bullets? The ones that can kill people??? No way. :o
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

You mean they used real, bullets? The ones that can kill people??? No way. :o[/quote]

No quite sure they were blanks lol.