Share This Page:

apache by ed macey

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
STAND UP HOOK UP

apache by ed macey

Post by STAND UP HOOK UP »

Any one read apache, by ed macey, good read, its about his second stint in . afghan with the apache squadron, he was involved in the rescue of the marine, when they sat on the wings, interesting read.Only ever. well worth the money read tornado down about pilots, but this gives you a different view of the campaign from the normal boots on the ground books, plus he was ex para reg so helped in the decision to buy it.
Paddysprat

Post by Paddysprat »

I read this last week. A fantastic read that doesn't feel like it's been written in the hope that it may be made into a movie.

Some gongs were awarded for the rescue of L/Cpl Ford's body, however some of those involved did miss out. This I found a little bewildering but ours is not to reason why.

The book goes into details about the Apache and it's weapons but makes it very easy to understand for those who are not technically minded. Ed Macy depending on which book you read provides decent photos, maps and diagrams.

I got the book off Amazon for £10 + p&p.

I'm currently reading "3 Commando Brigade" by Ewen Southby-Tailyour. This books prologue is about the Apache rescue. So far so good and I'll let you know my thoughts on this book in the near future.
'Paddysprat' a phrase used when explaining the origins of an 'Army Brats' accent.
got1

Post by got1 »

I got it after some time, they ordered it in the library, i'm a third of the way through it now. Smashing read.
You cound't ask for more support. Well done.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

No mention of Geronimo or Cochise though.
davo141

Post by davo141 »

it is indeed a good book, read most of it at the airport waiting to fly out, some good dits in there and why they had to go in to rescue l/cpl ford from jugroom on op glacier and the cluster f@#k surrounding the gravs and why they didnt go in.
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
Hands on

Post by Hands on »

I brought It the other month, I tried reading It while I was away on exercise. Did not manege to get near It so have just started again, about half way through bloody good read so far.