Share This Page:

Injured soldier and med board. Advice please.

Require help and assistance, please ask?
Hereisdenise

Injured soldier and med board. Advice please.

Post by Hereisdenise »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice. My husband received a spinal injury whilst on excercise abroad last June, he got a spinal fracture during a vehicle accident, the military vehicle he was travelling in, and the vehicle was not fit for use as it had no bolts on the seats and the front window was taped up with a plastic sheet over it. Anyway he was in hospital there for 3 days before coming home. Once home he was given a total of 6 weeks leave, in blocks of two weeks. For recovery, once he went back to work he was made to accompany his regiment on excercise and sleep on the floor outside with a fracture to his spine. Even though he has been downgraded They expected him to carry on with normal duties. Anyway he ended up having a spinal operation in march this year as the fracture was not healing. Which is not surprising really as he was still doing his normal job, he is in an infantry regiment. He is still suffering with his back, he was due to deploy to afghan in march but didn't go as he was due to have his back operation. He has now been told he will go up in front of the med board next month and even though he believes his infantry career is over, we are worried they will give him an admin discharge. What are the chances of a medical discharge.. I have been researching and due to his injury should he not have been put on the IRP procedure or transferred to a PRU. We're a bit confused by what the army should have done to support him more as we feel like he has just been left to it. MAny THanks
Tab

Re: Injured soldier and med board. Advice please.

Post by Tab »

Have a word with one of those groups of solicitors that take on these cases for nothing
Scouse Lancer

Post by Scouse Lancer »

It is highly unlikely they will Admin Discharge as he was injured on Duty.

He will either be downgraded Permanently or if his injuries are healing he may even be Upgraded, the Med Board process is length, depending on what his Doctors have said will decide the med board. If they recommend further treatment as they beleive his spine can be repaired then hubby will not be Med Discharged.

You should also contact the RBL, if the vehicle in use was Unserviceable then there is a claim there, also RBL can advise you further with regards Med Board.
Once a Lancer always a Lancer, Ich Dien.

It must be accepted as a principle that the rifle, effective as it is, cannot replace the effect produced by the speed of the horse, the magnetism of the charge and the terror of cold steel. - British Cavalry Training Manual, 1907
kathi

Post by kathi »

I've been on there alot I've searched all the jobs I'm offered and the ones I've chosen I know exactly what the job involves. My problem is that I can't find any info on what phase 2 entails Ie where, how long and what I'm taught the signals corps electrician info is on there but I've spent hours searching for phase 2 logistics pioneer and veterinary corps dog handler phase 2 training is, the only info I can find is where it's held not anything else it's like it's classified or something, I just really want to make a good impression on my interview.
Join online ccie and Northeastern University to pass JUNIPER exam in first try. Our best quality Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich Good Luck.