Share This Page:

25th Anniversary reunion for 40 Cdo

Rekindle old friendships, reunite with lost & found.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Rogue Chef wroite:
Thanks for posting details about Mon 27th on this site. It was a tremendous to see some old faces, including yours! I regret that I didn't make it to the service, and didn't have time to speak to everyone I wanted to. Count me in for a wazza 25th. E-mail: 'stevieh2@hotmail.com'.
Unfortunately it is highly unlikely that I will be able to make this one; unless the big nobs get around the table and yank the iron out of the fire!
exvmremf

Post by exvmremf »

I was also in 40 Anti-Tanks with Jim Dunne and remember watching the two bombs landing either side of the LCU at the end of the jetty. The other two bombs landed near Steves trench.

We were preparing for an OP when the airstrike came in without warning and dived for cover behind the nearest trench as the 30mm cannon got closer.

I think it was the same attack that caused a lot of damage to the ammo dump near Rick Jollys field hospital and 45 Cdo Milans.

As I recall Steve was on watch at the time and was firing back as the skyhawks approached.

When the troop was tasked to join 45 the CO Malcolm Hunt told us to, 'make sure you kill loads of Argies'.

The RSM, Gus Pearson added in response to JJ Moores decision to leave 40 at the beachhead, 'Make sure you kill the fukcing generals'.
No hard feelings there then

Sad to hear of Gus's death recently.

On a similar note Ron 'Buster' Brown died two years ago.

Jim, I'll drop you a maily shortly.

I was also at junior school with John Marshalls wife Sue so it would be good to hear from him.

I would like to attend the 25th if I can work it.