Share This Page:

Royal here, Royal there, Royal every*******where!

Rekindle old friendships, reunite with lost & found.
Obi Wan Kenobi

Royal here, Royal there, Royal every*******where!

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

John Tooby (Former DL) and his wife were celebrating the birth of their son last night.

The Rugby club was buzzing. I looked around and noticed that the majority of the punters were former RMs and their wives. Of course there were civvies, former Army and Air Force folk as well, but Royal was clearly drinking above his weight!

Perhaps twenty former RMs stood around, swelling the bar takings and spinning dits as if they had never left The Corps.

Royal Marines - Doing the business since 1664.
Last edited by Obi Wan Kenobi on Fri 09 Jan, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAYRIGG

John Tooby

Post by JAYRIGG »

Hey Up Steve,

I vaguely recall a Steve Tooby in M Coy as a marine in 1987,went onto to become an ML and i met him again as a C/Sgt ML1 on an RMR london exercise in the USA 2001 ,do you know if those two lads are related or mistaken identity on my part?

cheers,

Jay
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

They are brothers.
Steve was a Corporal in my troop 1990ish.
I never met John until he arrived out here a couple of years ago. Different characters, but both good lads.
JAYRIGG

Steve Tooby

Post by JAYRIGG »

Just to clarify what i said yesterday,Steve Tooby was actually on an exchange posting to the USMC Winter Warfare school as the resident bootneck ML1

Cheers,

Jay