Share This Page:

Calling all Junior Marines

Rekindle old friendships, reunite with lost & found.
Mike

Calling all Junior Marines

Post by Mike »

Those of you that have not heard, there is a move afoot to hold a Reunion at CTC for all Ex Junior Marines the date at the mo is the weekend of 13-15th March 2009 details atr to be arranged, but things are gatjhering speed If you require further info pse PM me...

The following is a copy of the lates Post on OAMAAM :

HI LADS

I went to the R M A last night had a chat with Tony and he gave me this to put forward to you all as an idea ,for the JUNIOR MARINES REUNION
if you think this is something you would like and want we are willing to go ahead and organize it . the best date would be

Friday 13th to Sunday 15th MARCH 2009

And thank you jockthelad for offering to do the spreadsheet of names and addresses etc that would be a great help and you could liaise with tony or myself .

Tony Duke
JE 11 Squad July 1961 Tel: 01392 681638
e-mail: tony@duke0692.freeserve.co.uk

TAFF [rob] Bate Je 76tp sept 1972 tel 01392 210151
email; Rob.rbate@btinternet.com

JUNIOR MARINES REUNION
Some early thoughts ;

Date; Probably late March, Early April, Easter falls on 10th / 13th April Accom should be cheaper before the Easter Hols start

Friday or Saturday ?
Suggest Saturday for the Reunion we could also try and plot in
a Kings Squad Pass-out on the Friday with possibly a lunch in the Sergeants Mess (if an organized party - all comers usually are welcome)

We can take up to 160 + 1 - in the Club Main Hall and could run the Bar all day and into the evening. Additional Bar I Chill-out room in Wheelhouse Bar.

Buffet - Lunch ( pasties/hot dogs) and evening ( spread) is a possibility.

Stag Or Partners ? LHSMs could always go shopping Sat PM ! !

Some form of entertainment for evening? Shep woolly comes to mind. We had him last year at RMA Region 90 mins +1- = £300.00

Tickets for entry ? To Cover 2 x Buffet, Up Spirits, Entertainment,
Cost : £15 per head being reasonable should cover it.

Profits split between RM 1939/45 Fund and Club

Accountancy - Could ask Colin to act on our behalf. [rma accounts]

Jumper Collins, Chris Sinden, from Exeter RMA are also ex-Juniors

Another thought is that once Bernie has got over his charity yomp then we could ask him to help with the shirts in the new year??

You also have the two contacts in the msg

Aye
Miek
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Cheers Miek 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Mike

Post by Mike »

You are more than welcome, Burp.... Shame there dosen't appear to be many takers......... I guess you were too bloody young to be a Junior..... An Infant perhaps ???? :o

Your ever loving friend....

Miek

Ps Lewis is seriously thinking of attending the one .... :D
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action