Share This Page:

Gear Recommendations

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
cglees

Post by cglees »

lew wrote:Millets also do a mountain leader first aid pack, it's something like £20 but it has everything you will need...

lew
you wont need one, its only there for the baptist run kit list, i have a little one in my webbing because it says you have to, but its totally useless and ive never used it.
In my bergan i carry; talc, betadine, scissors, elastoplast, paracetamol and brufen, used it a couple of times.
Thats all you need, if you hurt yourself the training team have a whole box of band aids for you, they may even kiss it better if you ask nicely.

20 quid on a 1st aid kit, your avin' a laugh mate
[color=red]GETTING BINNED COS THE PMO IS A [/color]
Jagger

Post by Jagger »

You can buy everything in Exeter btw, no point shipping all that crap down with you. You won't be expected to carry much of a med kit during phase 1 anyway, because you won't have finished your first aid course ....loads of brufen is always good though. Your troop will get issued LOADS of betadine spray, talc, disinfectant (we used to shower with it, until they told it was extremely powerful and would burn the skin off ya with continued use lol), and rolls of the sticky tape thing..can't remember name now.

Everything on that list you'll be able to get either in the NAAFI, PRI, or in exeter and they'll all be cheaper there (forces discount).
frankthetank

Re:

Post by frankthetank »

AC wrote:A German company called "Ortleib" are the dogs bollocks for map cases and other waterproof doofers.
Pussersas.com is a hoofing site for kit. I think they have more kit available that isnt on their website
ofens

Re: Gear Recommendations

Post by ofens »

7 year old post. This weeks Time-Team prize goes to frankthetank...!
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

:lol:

Ah Ofens - you ARE harsh :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

This post was started before I even joined the forums...
:lol:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours