Share This Page:

RSM's

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Sully

Post by Sully »

Hasn't Rog Tinson got the Phoenix on Milbay now? Great boozer - strange clientelle :roll:

His son passed out in the same troop as our Dan C.
Per Flank, Per Tank
Shoulderholster

Post by Shoulderholster »

When I was walking the dog the other day (it shits normal coloured poo before anyone asks!) for some reason the name of Brian Bellas popped into my head.Now that was a bloke who could freeze water with a single glance if you got on the wrong side of him.
Two E Coy reprobates (both in 1 Troop) who made RSM were Paul Eddings and Kev Green,I wish I had still been in when they got promoted,the black I could have had on them!.
Kev(nice to see you back),remember Major Sirad well,didn't know his SQ,tried to steer clear when I saw him.

SH
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Artist

Post by Artist »

Pass on Jonny Moat making Officer SB. Wouldnt surprise me one little bit mind. Smashing Guy.

I remember he had a cracking good sense of humour. A real boon when the Eijut (Born Again Christian) CO Lt/Col Waldon/Walton/W summut anyway, canna remember his name, of Logs back in 80/81 used get HQ Sqn to stop for a few minutes every morning in Norge to have a quick prayer!!!! :o

Jonny once gave me a message to send over the UCN:

"Hullo all Stations this is Zero, We'em aving a prayer meeting, back in ten Over" :D

All the guys came back with two words.....Hallujha! Out. The CO didnt stay for the full two years as he was discretely replaced a good 6 months before his two years came up.

As to Mr Bellas yes! Salt of the Earth!!! There he was in the NAAFI, RAF Akrotiri on the night that Alfa and Support Coy let rip at the RAF Regt guys after the infamous Beer can throwing incident had kicked off. Grabbed (I think) Nobby Clark and shouted into his lughole "Cpl sort this mess out now!" And then some drunken Matelot off the Ajax got in his way! Jolly Jack got both Barrels and ended up in Clink as he heaved up all over Mr Bellas who kind off lost his temper a bit!!! :D

Artist
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

Hi, Bootneck!
Stuart Syrad, (ex 2 i/c 41 Cdo.) is still a nice guy!! I see him fairly regularly as he lives fairly close.
Major Syrad - as he was then, saved me from a court martial. It's too long a story to go into but he saved my neck. I was also innocent. I was being made a scapegoat for a plonker officers cock-up. The RSM, who I can't remember who it was, was also very instumental in saving me.
Sneaky
Former RM of 23 years.
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

They all say that :lol:
sneaky beaky wrote:I was also innocent.
"S'arnt Major, march the guilty b'stard in"

I saw it done, pi$$ed myself as well
The OC had to have it explained to him very carefully :o
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
flo

Post by flo »

Really crap at names, but when i was a Ma Wren at 40 Cdo, im sure the RSM's last name was Bruce, (1985/86) The adjutant was Maclellan and i remember him quite well cause he used to ping me for babysitting duties. :( and yes his sprogs were little shits, they even pulled rank :evil: Funny thing was when we went to 40 on Jeds draft in 2002 my old corporal, Chopper Young (who is now imprest holder at CTC) was my next door neighbour. Oh the parties :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Si Capon

Post by Si Capon »

flo wrote: Chopper Young (who is now imprest holder at CTC) was my next door neighbour. Oh the parties :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Chopper? Dark hair? Big lad, Ex C coy around mid 80`s??
Once....................... Always...tup, three
flo

Post by flo »

The one and only cockney rebel around at that time, we are still in touch. The other names i can remember from the top of my head are Si Pay, Andy Cross, Keith Markilly (driver), neil warrington Richie Wheeton and Josie Jenning (education Wren), Biddy (dental hygenist) - i shared a quarter with the girlies but only visited the spider grots occasionally :wink: They were all 85/86 same as myself.
Si Capon

Post by Si Capon »

Si Pay I heard from abou 18 months back. He`s outside. As for Neil Warrington?? If his nickname is "Brum", He`s the First Drill.
Once....................... Always...tup, three
flo

Post by flo »

Yes its Brum, little blonde but hard as nails. We are very good friends with him and Chopper. You were right Chopper (kev) was C coy clerk. Si was in the pay office if i remember correctly.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Ahoy there Shoulderholster!

Surely not this Paul Eddings?
Shoulderholster

Post by Shoulderholster »

Ahoy back to you an all.Thats the very fellow,could never seem to escape his "bad" influence on me.We were marines together in 41 and when I went to 40 I was his section 2i/c.
A very switched on bloke and a great sense of humour,I could tell stories about him washing his knob in a tin in Sardinia but I wont!.
Last I heard he was out in the UAE.
Thanks for the piccy.
SH
John_D

Rsms

Post by John_D »

Jim you Talk about Dia Morgan, as Derek mentioned He was RSM at deal
when I joined in 56 and the same combination of Adjutant and first drill.
I was also in 40Cdo when he joined us,

His fist camp inspection on the Saturday morning found me preparing the
week end meat orders for the gallies " officers, Sgts and main "
he was with the CO and as luck happened every thing was spick and
span, 10 minutes after the inspection of the butchers shop he returns
has a good look at me thought for a moment then said Dignall 661
squad 1956, " how he could remember most people who had passed
his is beyond me,

He then gave me instructions of what he liked and when and where
he would pick it up.

When a driver bubbled me for flogging stork mararine to a local butcher
I was marched in front of him, received 14days jankers but it was he
that took me through my drills in the small space at the back of the
guardroom, " SAT DOWN " going through the movements, before that
we would bump into each other in the gym and work out together,
This turned out to be the ideal place for the transactions,
Great bloke " off the parade Ground".

Aye

John_D
[img]http://www.amazing-animations.com/gif/flag007.gif[/img]
JR

Post by JR »

:D John...another dit about the great Dai Morgan.
when Dai retired from the Corps he took over a general store and post office in a small village near Exeter,the shop/post office happened to be on one of the routes to Dartmoor and a stopping off point for most of the bootneck vehicles and training teams to stock up on goodies.
It was said, that the first time Royal entered the shop en-masse after Dai had taken over they just stood there not knowing whether to bow, salute or stand to attention :wink: :wink: Aye jr
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge
John_D

Rsms

Post by John_D »

Jim I can well beleive it.

Changing the topic slightly, Were you with us when
40s advace party had the bust up with 3rd para in
the naafi at the transit camp in cyprus, " cant remember
its name" all hell let loose until in walks Dia Morgan and
duffy doulton both black belt 4th dan judo. every thing stopped at the sound of his voice.

Aye

John_D
[img]http://www.amazing-animations.com/gif/flag007.gif[/img]