Share This Page:

selection rates?

Discussions about Special Forces.
mutter1

selection rates?

Post by mutter1 »

Just wondering, you always see in books/media ect that SF selection rates are around the 10% rate or even less.
Is that still the case, what with the wars going on over the last almost decade, you'd think selection would be full of experienced hardened veterens (recent RM/ect action where they fought the Taliban over a 60KM area in WWI like condiditions, we've probably all seen the pics) are just one example, is there much on SF selection that would bother you after that?

or am I completly misreading the situation?

BTW I heard there was a problem of "creeping excellence" for years on selection, ie the statdards would be set harder and harder each cycle, untill even the badged guys wouldn't be able to do them?......but apparently it was weeded out.
collins

Post by collins »

Dunno how many passed last week but it cant've been easy in that snow. Congrats to those that did.

Col.
Paludrine

Post by Paludrine »

I would have thought the selection would have been easier in the snow, just follow the tracks of the man in front. As long as he navigated correctly then you have also.
Tab

Post by Tab »

That is one of the reasons they set up SFSG to take some of the pressure of the SAS
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Paludrine wrote:I would have thought the selection would have been easier in the snow, just follow the tracks of the man in front. As long as he navigated correctly then you have also.
Would be alot easier for the tracker squads to find you both aswel ;)
Paludrine

Post by Paludrine »

everyone gets caught, it's just a question of when ....