Share This Page:

Heart Murmur Queries

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
JarradrBrown

Heart Murmur Queries

Post by JarradrBrown »

Basically, I can't join the royal marines yet as im only 17 and my parents wont give their signature, so im 18 in 3 months and its
all ive ever wanted to strive to achieve and be part of, but because I have a heart murmur im really worried i'l fail the medical, Im a Very fit person and running really isn't an issue and I play 3 hours of tennis 4 times a week and run/jog all the time, never once had shortness of breath etc, Im just so scared if I fail the medical and get rejected you know? Does anyone have any helpful infomation that can put me at ease abit? Also would it be easier to arrive at the medical already with an echo cardiogram or doctors note detailing me? Its an innocent murmur btw nothing serious at all, I've just read a few times that you can have to wait months on end to take a 2nd medical if difired to the ECG. Thanks - Jarrad
Tab

Re: Heart Murmur Queries

Post by Tab »

I think your chances are very small about getting in. With a heart murmur you can never be sure just what is going to happen and when. A local lad was playing football and he had a heart murmur and he dropped dead playing the game.