Share This Page:

Post your 3 miler times

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Chezza

Post by Chezza »

Just got in from my run with a time of 18.37. It’s quite a flat run with only one big hill in it.
Application - 27th Feb 07
Psychometric Test - 8th March - Passed
Eye Test - 10th March - Passed
Interview - 19th March - Passed
Medical - 3rd April - Passed
PJFT - 5th April - 9.00 - Passed
PRMC - 31st July - Passed
RT - 22nd October
fubar84

Post by fubar84 »

Feb 02 wrote:I havent ran just 3 miles for some time, but done just over with a 5k which is 3.1 miles a few weeks back in 16.36, should be able to get under 16 for 3 miles though!.
Wow that's an impressive time, it was only the other day that I was reading an article about the 10th fastest female athlete in America running the same pace/km as you do...
POC: Passed 21 June '06
AIB: Passed 28 June '06
AIB round 2: Failed!
PRMC: 26 June '07: Passed
RT: 24th Sept '07
Week 27 - Final Ex after Easter leave - blargh
Mrs Bevell of the AIB is still officially the nicest lady in the world.
Feb 02

Post by Feb 02 »

It's not to bad, like to get a lot quicker in time for next year, I also had a 5 mile time last month of 27.30, and a poor 10 mile time of 58.38.

My advice to anyone who wants to run a little quicker, join a running club, and for the PRMC 3mile, you will have to start training over 3 miles so you can finish nice and strong, ready for the other tests!.
jarhead

Post by jarhead »

to be honest you dont know whos even posting the correct times, but hay il play along, my times are currently 21:30 best 22:30 worst, pretty normal route uphill slow incline a few sharp small downhill bits then some hilly bits which make lacid acid real pain.
Feb 02

Post by Feb 02 »

Jarhead, not sure if that comment was aimed at me because of the times I posted, these were done in local road races, the proof is in the times that are also posted on the running clubs websites!. The only way to get quicker is get out there and run!, Join a running club as well!.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Athletes run 10 miles in sub 48 mins, but still, 6 min miles for 10 miles is impressive, and you certainly won't struggle in the military with those times, so long as you're okay with weight on you're back and not just a racing snake?

There was an Aussie in my troop who pissed all over the phys during training, think he still holds the assault course recruit record at 2.58?
marcus2007

Post by marcus2007 »

druadan wrote:Athletes run 10 miles in sub 48 mins, but still, 6 min miles for 10 miles is impressive, and you certainly won't struggle in the military with those times, so long as you're okay with weight on you're back and not just a racing snake?

There was an Aussie in my troop who pissed all over the phys during training, think he still holds the assault course recruit record at 2.58?
I know about that Aussie guy mate, he still holds the record i think, because it still is 2.58.
Week 6 of RM Training (7/1/2008)

956 Troop

Think of the worst, hope for the best...
trotter9

3 miler

Post by trotter9 »

Last winter I was doing 18mins 23 seconds for 3 miles I think I'm gonna have to get in training again this time start running with a pack on does any one know if will do any significant damage to my lower back? :-?
We are what we repeatedly do excellence therefore, is not an act but a habit
Tartan_Terrier

Re: 3 miler

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

trotter9 wrote:Last winter I was doing 18mins 23 seconds for 3 miles I think I'm gonna have to get in training again this time start running with a pack on does any one know if will do any significant damage to my lower back? :-?
Running with weight can give all sorts of problems with your joints. Stick to running in trainers and PT kit, and walk/tab with a bergan instead.

T_T
maritime_marine

Post by maritime_marine »

There were a few small lads on my PRMC who pissed all over everybody in phyz because they were so small and light. However, I can see them all having a lot of trouble when it comes to yomping with full kit.

Watch your spelling please
RT 8th October
Second Place is the First Loser.
Cliffrunner

Post by Cliffrunner »

Are you doing the first mile and a half, at 12.20 as the same as you do on your PRMC? Then flat out for the rest? Or just flat out from the start?
smudger289

Re: 3 miler

Post by smudger289 »

Tartan_Terrier wrote:
trotter9 wrote:Last winter I was doing 18mins 23 seconds for 3 miles I think I'm gonna have to get in training again this time start running with a pack on does any one know if will do any significant damage to my lower back? :-?
Running with weight can give all sorts of problems with your joints. Stick to running in trainers and PT kit, and walk/tab with a bergan instead.

T_T
I wouldnt recommend it for one second, but recently iv been running with 31lbs of kit and doing 3 miles in 26 mins :-? suprised really, but i think im getting faster , going to see in next couple of days if im faster over all (without wieght)

:wink:
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/butterbeanbootneck/smudger.jpg[/img]
INJURED!!
. . . . . . . . .
Ty

Post by Ty »

Feb 02 wrote:I havent ran just 3 miles for some time, but done just over with a 5k which is 3.1 miles a few weeks back in 16.36, should be able to get under 16 for 3 miles though!.
That is pretty intense. I consider myself in alright shape, and I just ran 5 kms in 24.53. You must be half horse or something lol.
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing
Artist

Post by Artist »

1 minute 42 seconds in me MAZDA 626 at Oulten Park last summer. Well! I got a free five lap runaround via the local rag.

Nought meant to be nasty about this thread people but.......Who fecking cares really? The only time thats going to count is when you are at CTCRM sweating your balls off as to whether you have passed the 3 miler.

It's a bit like asking blokes how big their willy is when aroused. As in pointless and don't count for sweet fa come the real world.

Your trying to be Bootnecks not fecking supermen.

Artist
edd91

Post by edd91 »

I don't know what my 3 miler is, I'll have to run one some time, it's just because I live 4 miles from work so that's what I run, but that is 28 mins. Don't know weather this is good or bad but it will do for now, till tomorrow 8) :lol: