Share This Page:

Forces banter

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Ali3

Forces banter

Post by Ali3 »

This is just off the cuff

im currently doing a 9-5 stint and have a new boss, who is ex RAF. Now he has found out im a rubber dagger with aspirations of joining the Corps next year.

Anyways, he thinks he's God's gift with the banter he rains down on me with regards to quotes, pictures via email and quotes insulting the Corps.
However im lacking a bit in return and need to fight Royal's corner so just wondering if anyones got any other names for the RAF apart from 'bryll cream boys' quotes or where i could get hold of cartoon pics on the net.
As you can see im a dedicated 9-5 worker!!

cheers
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

What sort of things does he come up with...banter wise?

What did he do in the RAF?
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

One word: ARRSE!

www.arrse.co.uk there's loads on there here's just an example:

http://arrse.co.uk/wiki/RAF
Strange organisation with delusions of militarism. Very good at getting money out of government until recently when they got stung for 7000 redundancies. As a service the RAF closely matches banks since they are never available after 1630hrs or at weekends. In fact working on a Wednesday is generally accepted as a no-no because it buggers up both weekends.
You could also remind him that crab air hasn't shot anything down since World War 2. Also jos hismemory of the bombing of Port Stanley airfield by RAF Vulcans - of the 42 bombs dropped, 41 missed the runway :D
RT: 10th November
Ty

Post by Ty »

misterpurple wrote:One word: ARRSE!

Also jos hismemory of the bombing of Port Stanley airfield by RAF Vulcans - of the 42 bombs dropped, 41 missed the runway :D
LOL, thats classic. That will burn him up for sure.
fodd

Post by fodd »

heres one my training team used to say

R.A.F are Civies in uniform
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Hollos

Post by Hollos »

fodd wrote:heres one my training team used to say

R.A.F are Civies in uniform
Very true but if i could do it all again i would have joined the crabs over the infantry any day, do have one for u though, u could tell him about the elite crab regiment that shot himself in the foot with a 7.62 in Kandahar, or in bastion when they crashed 2 fire trucks in a head on crash into each other, or when we took some out on patrol and they were crying when it kicked off, hope these r some good
Ty

Post by Ty »

Wasen't Austin Powers in the RAF ;-).
riflebutt

Post by riflebutt »

I wouldn't be taking the micky out that bomb run in the Falklands, some of the lad's parents/relatives might of been there and we all know how messy it was. Just saying in case some one does start having a go ;)

Jamie
eagleeye

Post by eagleeye »

RAF being civvies is true I'm in the air cadets its shorts and sandals all day evryday even in winter they AC evrywhere worse than the Amercians!!!!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

eagleeye wrote:worse than the Americans!!!!
BE CAREFULL,VEWY VEWY CAREFULL

You wouldn't want to piss off an American now,
Would you? :roll:
druadan

Post by druadan »

Well you don't need any more excuses to drop bombs in the wrong place do you?! :evil:

Sorry, I know I know...but it is all starting to become a bit repetitive... :-?
lukeyluke

Post by lukeyluke »

I think they deserve a few home truths if I'm being honest. If the substantial loss of life caused by their f@£k ups doesn’t warrant that then I don’t know what does?!

Sorry, I know this post is completely off the topic but it does have to be said.
"As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can." - Julius Caesar

Recruit Training: 11th February, 2008
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

druadan wrote:Well you don't need any more excuses to drop bombs
Makes one wonder who called in the vector don't it? :evil:
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

I know it must be far harder for the families and friends to accept when soldiers are killed by so called friendly fire but when you take into account the amount of close air support missions the US does for our troops and the amount of bombs they drop there is bound to be accidents from time to time, especially when the fighting is at such close quarters.

Although I've never been in combat I think it's fair to say that it's extremely stressful even for pilots who aren't actually on the ground, they're flying at hundreds of miles an hour and the guys on the ground must be hard to identify friend from foe.

We don't know whether or not there was anyone at fault yet so lets not rush in to judge based on assumptions. There have been "friendly fire" incidents between British forces before, the two Challengers that engaged each other in the Iraq invasion would be one example, yet it was understood and accepted that this was a consequence of the "fog of war."

I know it's easy for me to say but in the heat of battle, and this was a feirce battle from all accounts, accidents happen.

The USAF, Navy and Marine pilots have saved far more of our servicemens lives than they have taken so maybe we should keep that in mind before people blame "the Americans" as even if this was the pilots fault he's only one man, and probably one with a very heavy heart at the moment, and so we shouldn't condem an entire nation by one mans mistake.
stretch

Post by stretch »

What a lot of people seem to be failing to realise is that pilots don't just fly over and drop their bombs all over the shop where they think the enemy could be. They get talked onto the target by someone on the ground. Im not speculating anything here, but it could just as easily be a mistake by an FAC as a pilot. And when I was lucky enough to be in the dungheap that is Kajaki, the yank pilots (they were yanks most of the time) did an absolutely hoofin job, including the apache pilots who bailed us out of the sh*t several times. I just think sometimes people are very quick to point a finger at the yanks, which isn't really fair.