Share This Page:

Body fat measurer and my workout

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Brisks

Body fat measurer and my workout

Post by Brisks »

Right fisrtly I need some advice on what is the best way to measure body fat, so has anyone had any experiance with these things? http://www.amazon.com/Accumeasure-TRACK ... B0002J9OBK

They look a bit dodgy to me but I was wondering if anyone had used them and found them easier than calipers which i'm leaning more towards getting at the moment, but i'm told they are complicated to use. So thanks for any help with that.

Secondly just wanted to know what you lot think of my workout plan to pass TA selection and eventually RM or Para selection (still undecided). I've just tried to focus on the things your put through in selection and nothing else. So here it is.

Mon
Warm up
Push ups
Run
30 minutes on punch bag

Tues
Warm up
Pull ups
30 minutes on punch bag
Stretching
Sit ups

Wed
Warm up
Push ups
Run
30 minutes on punch bag

Thurs
Warm up
Pull ups
30 minutes on punch bag
Stretching
Sit ups

Fri
Warm up
Push ups
Run
30 minutes on punch bag

Sat

Warm up
Pull ups
30 minutes on punch bag
Stretching
Sit ups

With my running I will start out at 3 miles when I can do that no problem ill gradually move up to 5, when I can do 5 in under 40 mins ill put on some boots and run with them till I can get under 40 then ill get a weighted vest (around the same weight as selection bergen) and try as low time as possible with that.

The reason i have stretching in is to stop myself getting injured easily and the reason for the punchbag is because I do kickboxing (nothing to do with selection :D ). With the push ups, pull ups and sit ups ill just do as many as I can and work my way up. Also as it gets closer ill buy a bleep test cd and make sure im at level 14 at least.

So if you have any advice on how to improve it feel free to tear it shreds or if i've missed anything out that they do in selection please tell me. Thanks for the help.

Brisks.
jammin87

Post by jammin87 »

Stretch before everything anyway, though you need to be warmed up a bit before that anyway. But do dynamic stretches (squats, lunges, star jumps etc) rather than static in your warm ups, and do static stretches in your cool down. There's nothing wrong with doing static stretches as an activity themself, like when you wake up, as it helps the muscle, but not before a workout itself.
lodge939

Post by lodge939 »

get the accu-measure calipers.
ChrisBell

Post by ChrisBell »

Welcome to MFAT. Your workout seems alright but i personally prefer doing sets of an exercise which builds up your endurance on it. Also with the running i would take your first time with the 3miles and improve on it the next time until your under 22.5mins say on a Monday but feel free to build up the mileage(I have a 5 mile route and run the first 3miles under the 22.5 then keep a steady pace the rest of the way). Also maybe a rest day on Wednesday or Thursday? Oh and alot of people say dont bother with weight on the running until you get to RT but if done correctly im sure its ok. Anyway good luck!!
Brisks

Post by Brisks »

Thanks for the advice guys ill take it all into account.
jamie534

Post by jamie534 »

Running with too much weight is a sure fire way to mess your knees up, be careful :)
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Anything below about 12% body fat is good! :D
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
mike121

Re: Body fat measurer and my workout

Post by mike121 »

Brisks wrote:Right fisrtly I need some advice on what is the best way to measure body fat scale, so has anyone had any experiance with these things? http://www.amazon.com/Accumeasure-TRACK ... B0002J9OBK

They look a bit dodgy to me but I was wondering if anyone had used them and found them easier than calipers which i'm leaning more towards getting at the moment, but i'm told they are complicated to use. So thanks for any help with that.

Secondly just wanted to know what you lot think of my workout plan to pass TA selection and eventually RM or Para selection (still undecided). I've just tried to focus on the things your put through in selection and nothing else. So here it is.

Mon
Warm up
Push ups
Run
30 minutes on punch bag

Tues
Warm up
Pull ups
30 minutes on punch bag
Stretching
Sit ups

Wed
Warm up
Push ups
Run
30 minutes on punch bag

Thurs
Warm up
Pull ups
30 minutes on punch bag
Stretching
Sit ups

Fri
Warm up
Push ups
Run
30 minutes on punch bag

Sat

Warm up
Pull ups
30 minutes on punch bag
Stretching
Sit ups

With my running I will start out at 3 miles when I can do that no problem ill gradually move up to 5, when I can do 5 in under 40 mins ill put on some boots and run with them till I can get under 40 then ill get a weighted vest (around the same weight as selection bergen) and try as low time as possible with that.

The reason i have stretching in is to stop myself getting injured easily and the reason for the punchbag is because I do kickboxing (nothing to do with selection :D ). With the push ups, pull ups and sit ups ill just do as many as I can and work my way up. Also as it gets closer ill buy a bleep test cd and make sure im at level 14 at least.

So if you have any advice on how to improve it feel free to tear it shreds or if i've missed anything out that they do in selection please tell me. Thanks for the help.

Brisks.
hello
I think you should discuss all your routine with your trainer. They will definitely help you to improve your game.
mike141

Re: Body fat measurer and my workout

Post by mike141 »

Brisks wrote:Right fisrtly I need some advice on what is the best way to measure best waist trimmer body fat, so has anyone had any experiance with these things? http://www.amazon.com/Accumeasure-TRACK ... B0002J9OBK

Mon
Warm up
Push ups
Run
30 minutes on punch bag

Tues
Warm up
Pull ups
30 minutes on punch bag
Stretching
Sit ups

Wed
Warm up
Push ups
Run
30 minutes on punch bag

Thurs
Warm up
Pull ups
30 minutes on punch bag
Stretching
Sit ups

Fri
Warm up
Push ups
Run
30 minutes on punch bag

Sat

Warm up
Pull ups
30 minutes on punch bag
Stretching
Sit ups

Brisks.
Hi
Thanks for sharing such wonderful information.