Share This Page:

Passed AST (RAF Regt.Gunner)

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
jon_rafreg

Passed AST (RAF Regt.Gunner)

Post by jon_rafreg »

Passed my Airmen Selection Test today. Have my interview on 30th March, so getting closer!! AST harder than I thought and I'm pretty sure the pass mark for the trade of Gunner must be fairly low because I'm sure I got a few wrong under the pressure of time restraints!

Anyway will let you all know any further progress towards PGAC etc :)
RAF_regt2003

Post by RAF_regt2003 »

Yeah i know what you mean, i had my AST test last monday and found it harder than i expected especially the work rate and memory part.

Afterwards i was talking to one of the corporals about my test score and found out you only need a score of 38 to be a gunner. I got a score of 63 (missed out on aircrew by 7) and he was shocked when i told him all i wanted to be was a gunner, because i got a high score and tried to push me towards admin/ medical assistant.

Got my interview in 4 weeks, good luck with your interview on wednesday mate hope you pass. Let me know how you got on.

P.S what was your score?
KronicKrona1

Re: Passed AST (RAF Regt.Gunner)

Post by KronicKrona1 »

Just out of curiosity (I'm going for the AST in 2 days! I'm a nervous wreck 😂), when you say you only need a score of 38... is that overall? As in, throughout the whole test, you need 38 out of whatever score it is altogether or in a specific section? The last time I applied for the RAF was 2 years ago so I can't remember naff so to say the least haha! I'm not very good at the electrical side of it either which is a shame but the maths, memory and work rate I should be fine at I think.

Cheers in advance!