Share This Page:

New guy and his medical question

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Redligne

New guy and his medical question

Post by Redligne »

Hello all,

My name is Gabriel, I'm 17, turning 18 this year, I'm french and british and I always loved the military world. I looked forward to enlist whether it is in France or in the UK, because of the honor that it is to defend your identity, your culture and your country.
I applied to join the french army, as I live in Paris and followed the french school system, it was natural for me with french diplomas to enlist in french military school. The thing is, I got declared unable due to a dB loss in my left ear. My dream of joining the military got crushed, but my father who's british suggested me to inform myself about the medical standards for the British Army. DISCLAIMER : I got declared unable on my left ear, but the loss was so little, it almost felt like I got unlucky. Moreover, I never noticed a hearing loss on my left ear.

My question is : is there anybody that I can converse with about the hearing standards in the British army ? I also have an audiogram at disposal, that I will share with a qualified person via private messages. Because if I pass the standards for the British army, I will then move to the UK and enlist myself. Otherwise, if I am found unable to british standards, I won't have to pay in order to move to the UK, and it will avoid another deception and another kick in my guts.

Thanks for reading, and have a good day.
Tab

Re: New guy and his medical question

Post by Tab »

Drop an e-mail the a recruiting office and ask them