Share This Page:

Raf RAuxf Reg questions

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Blue82

Raf RAuxf Reg questions

Post by Blue82 »

Hi could anyone offer any advice regarding my current situation which is that I am currently thinking of joining the Raf Regiment Reserves 609 squadron and have taken my ast selection and attended an interview, which has all gone well and I am now waiting to attend a medical.
However after numerous discussions with my current partner with whom I have an 8 week old son and ex partner whom I have a 4 yr old son that I have on weekends and school holidays (shared) I am really questioning whether I can do the role justice as I work full time also ? If I were to join and realise I couldn't actually manage it can I hold my hands up and walk away? Or am I contracted to the 5 years?
Also if I was to withdraw my application how long would I have to wait to re-apply if my situation was to change?
Tab

Re: Raf RAuxf Reg questions

Post by Tab »

You have to ask just what is really important to you, your family or joining the reserves in the RAF. If you did join it will take time out of life and just not for camp, and how will your wife feel leaving her with two young children while you are off doing some thine else.
Blue82

Post by Blue82 »

Yeah the more I think about it the more it seems like my ideas are a bit unrealistic at present as I don't really have any spare time at all which is why I think it could possibly be a mistake at the moment? Especially as I would be relying on other people to look after my kids.
Tab

Post by Tab »

If you are away so much and miss out on family holidays and other things how do you think that your wife will feel.
Blue82

Post by Blue82 »

To be honest this is one subject we have discussed and I would feel bad, it's just a shame that if I don't join now I may possibly have to wait a few years and my fitness may not be as good as it is now. I'm unsure how long the wait is to re-apply if I were to withdraw my current application?
anaisac49

Post by anaisac49 »

Tab wrote:You have to ask just what is really important to you, your family or joining the reserves in the RAF. If you did join it will take time out of life and just not for camp Assurance obsèques, and how will your wife feel leaving her with two young children while you are off doing some thine else.
It's mostly a question of will. If you really want to get involved you can. But if you have family and children you will think twice before committing yourself .
Arion35

Post by Arion35 »

Blue82 wrote:Hi could anyone offer any advice regarding my current situation which is that I am currently thinking of joining the Raf Regiment Reserves 609 squadron and have taken my ast selection and attended an interview, which has all gone well and I am now waiting to attend a medical.
However after numerous discussions with my current partner with whom I have an 8 week old son and ex partner whom I have a 4 yr old son that I have on weekends and school holidays transfert aéroport (shared) I am really questioning whether I can do the role justice as I work full time also ? If I were to join and realise I couldn't actually manage it can I hold my hands up and walk away? Or am I contracted to the 5 years?
Also if I was to withdraw my application how long would I have to wait to re-apply if my situation was to change?
I think especially that if it is really your vocation you should follow your heart. Fate and fortune do not appear twice.