Share This Page:

Wristbands

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Doc

Post by Doc »

beardo wrote:you say there for supporting charity? but people who wear them do it so poeple know they are doing it for charity? why cant they send a tennar quietly, instead of paying one pound for something so that everyone knows theyve done it.....
I would argue that we wear them to raise the profile of the fact that there is a scheme that is raising money for charity and in the case of cancer and ball cancer it raises awarness of the disease so that when your in the shower and you feel a lump you dont think "sod it its nothing" and have it checked out before your balls drop off and hair falls out.

But if you think its w@#k then maybe you should give me a quid not to wear it?
T T Fresh

Post by T T Fresh »

to be honest, the types of people that beardo and jeb are on about will sing and dance about whatever it is they do. They need recognition and crave attention.

The bands are most likely a way of getting people like them involved and to "reward their valuable contribution". It's all about feeling special and distinguishing themselves from the crowd, being important. Charity organisers know this and so do what they have to to get the money rolling in.

Let them get on with it I say because people who need it get the help they deserve and when my Mother was dying i didn't give a toss who's money paid for the drugs/treatment that were used to ease her pain. I admire what they do, I just don't like the way they do it.

You could point out to them that someone has had to contract a most nasty disease in order for them to wear those bands - should fcuk with their head suitably enough
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

There's two different people who wear these bands. People like Doc who genuinely care about the cause and people who probably couldn't even spell the name of the charity concerned and wear them as some sort of social symbol. They couldnt care a toss about the charity or what it stands for they are simply wearing the band to say 'look at me, im one cool mother trucker', and that makes them hollow headed fools.

The thing is, these sort of people haven't given their money to a charity for the band, they have bought them off friends, Ebay and where ever else for £10+.

Instead of making them look 'good', they look like total arseholes who haven't two braincells to rub together. And the people who sell them, greedy, horrible, glutinous, scabs who deserve to be spat on.

Millions of people donate money all over the world to different charities, why do people have to wear something to signify they have done so? Wheres the modesty? Do they expect more respect for this? Its the people who plug away for years doing voluntary work or giving money they cant afford to less fortunate people who should have the respect. Not someone who has spent a few quid to fit in with everyone else.
Last edited by Chappy on Fri 25 Feb, 2005 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beardo

Post by beardo »

Its like when millionaire celebrities like sharon osbourne did that advert for the tsunami relief...when she has loads of money she could have donated, but no, she wanted everyone else to see her doing ''her bit''
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Free publicity mate, the bloody cheek asking me to give money when she has millions more than me. Bloody dam cheek!
I would happily donate some money to a 'Better mother scheme' and send her there, look at the way her children have turned out. Might be good entertainment but in my book its equal to child abuse.
loisebond32

Re:

Post by loisebond32 »

Chappy wrote: Thu 24 Feb, 2005 2:36 pm Yeah, I agree the Lance Armstrong wristband could be seen as a good idea. Charity and all that, but I don't like how people are bastardizing the significance of the Best Award Lapel Pins into something that is merely a fashion accessory. Call me skeptical but Nike using Lance Armstong to promote the wristband idea then bring out their own..hmm..

I blame Bush ;)
Hello,
Had a quick look on google to try and find and find mindful based wristbands so every time I notice it I pause to take a breath to see where my mind and body is.

Found a couple but none were really what I am looking for.

Has anyone on here ever come across any mindful based wristbands?